Real Estate Services
Are you buying or selling a Spanish property? Would you simply like to discuss the Spanish conveyancing process?
We have an experienced team of local lawyers and local estate agents who act for international clients. We can give you the professional advice and service you need to give you peace of mind when buying, selling, renting or developing Spanish property. Please contact us with your exact requirements to get started.
Selling Property in Spain
Have you decided to sell your Spanish property? Would you like assistance in preparing your Spanish property documents for sale?
Even if you are unable to come to Spain to sell your Spanish property, we can prepare a power of attorney so that we can sell the property for you. Our experienced team of agents and lawyers can start by reviewing your Spanish property documents even before you advertise the property for sale. We can prepare the reservation contracts and attend the notary’s office to complete the sale on your behalf.
Buying a Property in Spain
Are you interested in buying a Spanish property? Unsure of the costs of buying or owning a Spanish property? Our experienced team of lawyers and agents have the expert local knowledge and experience to guide you through the Spanish conveyancing process from start to finish. We can assist you with mortgage advice, planning and building permissions.
Post-sale we will ensure that the tax formalities are completed and the property is fully registered in the buyer’s names.
We also can assist with:
- Transferring title of utilities and community membership
- Setting up bank accounts
- Applying for NIE numbers
- Obtaining building and contents insurance
Property Tax Advice in Spain
Do you own or are you selling a Spanish property and need to know how much tax to pay?
Our team of English-speaking lawyers have experience in advising on tax matters for non-residents in Spain. We can provide you with tax advice and assist with the calculation and completion of the necessary tax forms.
The most common property taxes that we administer include:
- IRNR (Impuesto sobre la Renta de No Residentes). This is a tax for non-residents who own urban property in Spain.
- IBI (Impuesto de Bienes Inmuebles). This is a local town hall or municipal tax on Property.
- Capital Gains Tax. For non-residents there is currently a 3% retention made on the sale of their property relating to this tax.
- Municipal plusvalía tax is charged by the town hall on properties when they are sold. It is calculated on the rateable value of property and the number of years that have passed since the property last changed hands.